Essay on Laughter is the best medicine
It is often heard and said that laughing is very good for health and we all should try laughing as much as we can, why should we laugh one of the best stress relievers is a good open laughs summit of tensions work stress or anything that has been cluttered in your mind could just be washed away with a good laugh
It boosts your energy and help you to stay more focused with a drive in of fresh energy and enthusiasm in today's busy day to day schedule people have just forgotten how to love and enjoy it small jobs and personal moments of life
Laughter is the best way in which one could relax their body and soul without having any side effects and which is for free love to embrace the immune system and reduces the stress hormones thereby reducing the risk of you falling sick.
One of the best benefit of fluffer is that it had to produce as blood pressure and kids sugar level in control ensured no matter what situation you are in and how low you feel if you find a reason to laugh then go ahead no matter what it may be this would help you to overcome all your stress feel a necessity and enable you to solve all the problems.
Mark Twain once said, “Humanity has unquestionably one really effective weapon—laughter. Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution—these can lift at a colossal humbug—push it a little—weaken it a little, century by century, but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.”
Twain was right, except he forgot to mention laughter’s ability to profoundly affect our health. Laughter is the best medicine for many scientifically proven reasons:
1. Laughter is one of the best stress relievers. A good bout of laughter can keep the muscles in your entire body relaxed for up to 45 minutes. Now imagine cracking a few good jokes all day long. You’ll never have a crick in your neck or an aching back again.
2. Dr. Gulshan Sethi, a doctor of cardio-surgery at Tucson Medical Center says that laughter is like internal jogging. It tones all the internal organs and strengthens the abdominals without ever doing a single sit-up.
3. Laughter induces better social relations. The contagious nature of a smile or a good laugh help us to connect with others leading to friendships and even romantic closeness. In fact, couples who laugh together are more likely to stay married longer. People who have enduring relationships have also proven to outlive those who have few friends and are unmarried.
4. Laughter boosts our body’s immune response. Studies have found that laughing at a funny movie or finding humor in a stressful situation helps to increase the production of natural killer cells – white blood cells that attack cancer, colds, and foreign bacteria.
5. Laughter combats depression. When we laugh our bodies dump a bunch of good neuropeptides into our blood stream including oxytocin and dopamine.
6. Laughter reduces physical pain. Perceived pain levels in participants of many different studies are lowered when they laugh. Life may cause us pain here and there, but laughter helps us to deal with it better.
7. Finally, laughter is a measurable trait found to be higher in those who are more resilient. If you want to find a successful person who can take the punches of life just as easily as the accolades, you’ll find someone who laughs a lot.
Laughter builds character and lessens rigidity. Mark Twain was a smart man. That’s why he also said “Those that respect the law and love sausage should watch neither being made.” Made you laugh!
How laughter can be a strong medicine for the mind & How it helps us stay emotionally healthy and its social benefits?
Humor is infectious the sound of roaring laughter is far more contagious than you cough sneeze or sniffle, when laughter is shared it binds people together and increases happiness and intimacy
Laughter also triggers healthy changes in the body humor and laughter strengthens your immune system boost your energy diminishes pain and protects against stress but best of all this priceless medicine is fun free and easy to use.
Laughter can actually be infectious have you suddenly started laughing when you heard someone else laughing crazily although you actually had no idea what they were laughing about because laughter is an involuntary action most often occurring in groups our brains likely have a laugh detector that triggers some sort of laugh generator
Humor also triggers laughter according to Professor Robert Irvine less than 20% of laughter was in response to anything resembling a joke, laughter is an audible expression of happiness or an inward feeling of joy humor lightens your burdens inspired your hopes connects you to others, and keeps you grounded focused and alert
Now what does this have to do with overall health for my research laughter has several benefits to human health especially to mental health today I will tell you how laughter can be strong medicine for the mind how it helps us stay emotionally healthy and its social benefits?
Benefit of laughter
Laughter is strong medicine for the mind laughter reduces levels of certain stress hormones which suppress the immune system increases the number of blood platelets which can cause an obstruction in arteries and raise blood pressure by laughing we can relieve physical tension and stress this will actually leave our muscles relaxed up for forty-five minutes afterward
Laughter can also boost the immune system laughter can decrease stress hormones and increase immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies this can improve our resistance to disease
Laughter triggers the release of endorphins is a body's natural feel-good chemical as Norfolk release it can promote an overall sense of well-being this temporarily also reduces pain
According to psychologists studies from the World Health Organization laughter also stimulates the cardiovascular system laughter can increase the rate at which the heart beats and contracts the muscles as doing so laughter protects the heart.
Laughter and humor help us stay emotionally healthy laughter dissolves distressing emotions when laughing we cannot feel anxious angry or sad so for that laughter just makes us feel happy overall
Laughter helps us to relax and recharge it can reduce stress and increases energy this will enable us to stay focused and accomplish more as we laugh we have trouble seeing life's difficulties in the same way
But our Center a problem suddenly don't seem as bad as they were it allows us to see situations in a more realistic less threatening light a humorous perspective creates a psychological distance which can help us avoid feeling overwhelms
Finally laughter also has its social benefits laughter it's one of my favorite stress management strategies because it's free convenient and it's beneficial in so many ways try to be more spontaneous
Laughter can help us clear our minds from troubles so that we can deal with our own stress try releasing inhibitions laughter helps us forget judgment criticisms and doubts also try expressing your feelings would like to we can deeply fill our emotions without any uncomfortable feelings we can just allow our emotions to be expressed and rise to the surface
Now you know the benefits of laughter so what if we discuss so far well laughter can be a strong medicine it can help us stay motional and healthy and it also has social benefits.
Laughter plays a really important role in our lives so let's smile relax and just laugh.
Also read:- essay on health is wealth
Also read:- an apple a day keeps the doctors away essay
Also read:- cause and effect of popularity of fast food
Also read:- why physical education is important essay